Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Milan, 23-29 August 1998
Main | Activities | Local information | Register now! | Virtual Forum | Other links

Septième Assemblée mondiale des radiodiffuseurs communautaires
Milan, 23-29 août 1998
Index | Activités | Information locale | Registrez ici | Forum Virtuel | Autres liens

Séptima Asamblea Mundial de Radios Comunitarias
Milan, 23-29 de Agosto 1998
Indice | Actividades | Información local | Regístrense Ahora! | El Foro Virtual | Otros enlaces

amarc-1

<amarc-1> building rights through education (was: Introduction)

>assured) would demand and receive access to whatever it sought.  I am also
>arguing that without a decent educational grounding, all the media access
>in the world, will not  change the basic injustices in society which
>preordain the majority to be unintelligent, socially alienated and
>dependent on consumptiom for self-expression.

Dear Maggie,

Your comments on education are very relevant to the discussion. Post
industrial western educational systems tend increasingly to be based on
vocational preparation, the notion that "being competitive" is the
principal goal and there is an emphasis on "knowledge and content" rather
than "wisdom and relationship". There is little questioning of the big
questions about who we are? why are we here? and how best to use the few
short years between birth and death.

Until we can substitute Co-operation for Competition at personal, local,
national and global levels we will not change much of any lasting
significance to the human race.

Sincerely,
Lyn

Gerri Marston