Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Seventh World Conference of Community Radio Broadcasters
Milan, 23-29 August 1998
Main | Activities | Local information | Register now! | Virtual Forum | Other links

Septième Assemblée mondiale des radiodiffuseurs communautaires
Milan, 23-29 août 1998
Index | Activités | Information locale | Registrez ici | Forum Virtuel | Autres liens

Séptima Asamblea Mundial de Radios Comunitarias
Milan, 23-29 de Agosto 1998
Indice | Actividades | Información local | Regístrense Ahora! | El Foro Virtual | Otros enlaces

amarc-1

Re: <amarc-1> A different concern -Reply

[Kole's intervention is partly a follow-up to brief messages he and I
exchanged about the topical focus of the amarc-1 discussion space.]

Hello every body,

There is no doubt that some of the previous writers have addressed the
issue of internationalizing communication. Please if you do not mind,can
someone help my understanding as to the exact focus of this discussion? We
must talk about Strategies, meaning (if I'm right) how we intend to go
about our task of building right to communicate?

Ok let me put it this way: What are the elements we need to put in place
for the building of right to communicate, what is the foundation for that
right? In what socio-economic sphere shall this foundation be located?
What will the structure of this right be?  How will the superstructure be
constructed?

If it is international then it means most? all? nations must be taken into
consideration while designing this right to communicate.

Since we now know the problems bugging communication, a la the corporate
monopoly, how can we then subvert or invert this system which is a hurdle?

Lastly, how do intentions become rights? I am very willing to learn from
those who are adept at issues such as these. Let us strategize, formulate
tasks and set goals, that will move us forward. But who will set the ball
rolling? Thanks Lyn, DeeDee, and others.

kole ade-odutola